Lots of smiles and maybe a few tears reading about others dogs and thinking about mine.

I had a German Shepherd that would have taken a bullet for me. He remembered people that he met on a single occasion and years later he would walk up to greet them, but everyone had to be approved by a member of my family before he would let them near the kids or in the house. He was an amazing judge of character and after a couple years I let him make the call on the boys my daughters brought home. Funny thing is that my girls knew and went with the dogs assessment of the boys too. I heard from several people that when I left the room he gave everyone still in the room the message "I'll be taking care of things until Joe returns". We were at a soccer game once and another parent had an off leash Yorkie that kept nipping at his heals, finally Buddha had enough and sat on the little dog to keep it off his heals. The owner squealed louder than the dog but picked it up afterwards.

The last three dogs have been Boxers, two of which were rescues. Too many people love the puppies but dump them when they get bigger. They're incredibly playful and full of life and make me laugh on crappy days.

What would Porter Rockwell do?