Originally Posted by rickmenefee
Originally Posted by CRS
Rick,
There are plenty of good bows available today.

What is your main use going to be? Hunting? competition? Both? Are you going to shoot instinctive? with sights?

My view is strictly from a hunting perspective, if you are mainly wanting one for competition I would follow RH's advice.
The ILF styles work for hunting, but I prefer the KISS theory.

If are looking for some economy, Samick is a very good entry level bow. I helped coach a kid to 4H nationals with a Samick Sage this year and have a another newbie bowhunter all set up and ready to go with a Samick DeerMaster. There is some initial tuning and set up with any bow. But those Samick's have been bomb proof for them.

But the best advice I can give you is to find a place to where you can shoot multiple bows. A big Traditional shoot or a shop like RMS Gear in Arvada Colorado. Black Widow and a few other bowyers have "test" drive programs where you can try a bow for the cost of shipping.

My goto hunting bows anymore are my selfbows and three piece hybrid longbows. My take downs hardly ever get taken down. But it is very nice feature when traveling.

thanks for the comment. That being sad this ain't new to me smile

Yeah, I missed the post where you said you had been shooting Widows for years. crazy I think you should try a static tip recurve if you want to stick with recurves. To me, they almost have a slight let off at full draw.

Bigfoot, Toelke or RER come to mind.

R H,
Can you get static tip limbs for ILF risers?

Arcus Venator