They really aren't more mechanical than any take down bow. just think of them as take downs but each limb can be tightened to a different degree. It just gives you some small amount of flexibility as to preload and tiller. After that they can be as complicated or simple as you want. You don't have to use sights rests, plungers or stabilizers. The riser is just drilled in case you want to. I have mine set up to shoot off the shelf.

I build up the shelf to a radius with thick two sided 3M tape and add a layer of velcro over it. I use a large flat headed screw covered with velcro into the plunger hole to adjust the level of center shot to fine tune and that's it. The big advantage is that I can fine tune the bow to the arrow instead of swapping heads and cutting arrows in small amounts, or I can do both for the best tuned bows I have ever shot. I have tuned mine so well that when my form is on I can shoot bareshafts 40 yards that group with fletched shafts. I've also punched clean holes through hanging skeet without busting them. The advantage of such a good tune is better penetration. When you have to use huge feathers to get good flight you are loosing penetration.