Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by rickmenefee
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Ok then, custom bows made in garages are superior in every way. That's why they dominate in every shooting sport
smile

I'm probably a lot less of a smart ass in person.LOL

I never said 'garage' bows are superior. What I AM saying is that the efficiency of a good ILF limb is no better than a good custom limb...or a Bear or Martin. Blacky's tests prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Btw I'm not 'scared' of ILFs. If you like that sort of bow, that's great. I just don't buy into the hype that they're inherently superior. Thats a crock of feces.

The attachment system is not what makes them better and better is not all about speed. I'm not saying that custom bowyers can't make very good limbs. What I'm saying is that you need to be careful who you are dealing with.

I've known "bowyers" do all kinds of things to get limbs to weight and get them straight that compromises the limb in other ways. How about filing a nock more on one side and then thinning the limb on one side to get it to track straight?

Then there is the question of materials. I like limbs that use no glass at all. Not many custom bowyers offering limbs with no glass, a few have just started. Then we could talk about GPP but you don't want to go there because most custom bowyers want you to shoot at least 9 GPP. I can safely shoot 5 gpp with good ILF limbs.

Now talk about tuning. There is no way I can customize a fixed limb bow the way I want. I have no way to adjust my tiller. I have no way to adjust my preload so that I am getting max performance at my draw. I also have the option of playing around with rests , plungers, sights, stabilizers, and all kinds of things that are shunned by the neo trad groups even though it was not so in times past.

You may like any bow you choose. I'm not knocking you for that. What I'm doing is pointing out why I think ILF is superior to me.