Originally Posted by Wild_Bill_375
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
They are not built on wooden forms in some guys garage like a lot of custom bows.

Now that's funny!

The only negative that I see with ILF limbs is that most all the manufactures out there; match their limbs via a weight/bend test. In other words they are not true matched limbs. Your 45 pound limbs you buy may not have even been built the same day let alone come off the same form. Different quality control between the major company's yield different quality. Right now I'd say W&W are tops, with Samick coming in a very close second.

Some of the best limbs I've ever had the opportunity to shoot were some old SKY Archery (Earl Hoyt era) maple core & glass Conquest limbs. I personally don't like the feel of foam cores & carbon. And hate the ring from carbon.

While there are some very high quality custom bows being made, we both know that there are many just as I mentioned, made by some guy who decided to get into the business and made a form and started making "custom bows". I've known a few of them myself.

I would agree with your assessment of limbs except that I can't hear any difference between my Samick Masters which are maple cores and carbon face, and my glass limbs. My Winnex limbs with foam cores do have a bit of a different sound.

As far as being perfectly matched, I don't see it as important on a bow where tiller is adjustable as on a fixed takedown.

I do not however blame you for being a bit defensive. You make an excellent bow that would be at the top of my list for a non ILF.

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 08/19/14.