There are only three parts to the extractor equation, the extractor, an extractor coil spring, and a plunger. Brownells would be a source for replacement springs. Instead of modifying and bending a full length claw extractor, like on a 98 or 70, you should be able to alter the coil spring tension on the 85 to tune things up. If the claw is not holding strong enough so the ejector is pushing the case straight up through the extractor into the scope body, I'd think more tension should make the claw grip the case and flip it out the correct angle.

Otherwise, I've had one M40 and one Ruger RSM that I couldn't keep the cases from dinging on the scope on the way out. On those, a simple piece of bedding tape cushioned the blow preventing damage.

Edit to add:

Read through the thread and see someone has already posted a link above reference my suggestion of changing coil spring tension to tune and correct a feed issue. The link includes part numbers for the spring kit.

Last edited by GaryVA; 08/23/14.

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood