Originally Posted by UAE
Okay
As usual the world is full of jerk, freak, EXPERT especially on forum.....

I have BIAS cause I have 6 sako.... 2 rimfire and 4 centerfire 85 actions..... Never Had any trouble or jam.... The sako 85 action is one of the smoothest & fastest action you can buy....
Accuracy is just top of top.... trigger too....

weak is sometimes like bedding.... such "mechanic" would worth better synthetic stock and bedding.... I own a 243, 7/08, 7mmRM and 338WMG and I plan to ad a sako 85 varmint in 223 asap my wallet could afford...

AND the optiloc works very well but it's a bulky expensive scope mount.... So now I use the optiloc "rings" without the base... it's a realiable lower mount or the Talley on my last kodiak 338 WMG....

If you ad a McMillan stock you have a complete set up for +/- 2500$ which is going to perform as well as a $5000 custom rifle....

Sorry for some redneck folks.... but you should understand.... Rifle ingineering started in EUROPE.... German invented all the modern guns we use today.... Kimber, Remington Ruger etc are just copy of what most of "out of the box" european gunmaker make better than US.... That's why you have to buy custom rifle.... If you buy Sako, Steyr, Mauser, Blaser etc you have US custom rifle performance.... sorry buddies.... I love Ruger firearms but it's not a Sako.... anyway.... buy a sako 85 if you have money or sell two or three craps to invest on one Sako but don't talk about you don't know or worst soemthing you have never used....

when I was young without money, I was dreaming of many rifles in many cartridge... My dad advice was save your money to buy ONE top rifle in ONE versatile cartridge more than Three craps.... One of the best advice I got... you can buy 2.5 Ruger; 3 remington 2 kimber or buy one sako... it's a choice... but please stop to speak about you don't know....or be jealous.... of people buying 2000$ or 7000$ rifle... I can't afford a 5000$ rifle but it's not why I [bleep] custom maker like McMillan, Borden.... moreover I have my "homemade" solution to get the same performance for 2500$....

+1 with the exception of Ruger rifles. I hate them.

Dink