Originally Posted by shootem
Well, I have a lemon too. Have a 85 Finnlight in 30-06 I have yet to shoot. It's still NIB. After going thru this thread I got it out along with some LC69 full length sized & trimmed brass. Brass bangs the center of the scope every time. Slow or fast, doesn't matter. If I go slow the brass just drops back down onto the follower. If I go fast the brass bounces around. Some fly out but it's a total accident. Scope is a Zeiss 1 inch tube 2-10x42 Conquest HD5. Rings are Leupold Medium.

From what I read here it's useless to try warranty repair. Guess I'll order the extra length springs referenced in the previous thread and go from there. But I WILL call Beretta CS. This is a stupid malfunction for a supposed high end rifle.

Man, I'm sorry for you shootem. Are you absolutely sure yours hits square center on the scope tube? Mine was definitely hitting the turret as when I rotated the scope 90 degrees left it did clear. If you can live with the "Alaskan Style" scope set up you might be ok. If you are going to try the spring fix I did find out that Brownells does not sell the springs anymore, but you can buy them from here:

http://www.gretanrifles.com/products/main.jsf

If you try it please post back to tell us if they work as I am sure a lot of people will want to know.

Maybe when Sako comes out with the 95 series or whatever they'll call it, I'll try them again, but I'm done with the 85s.