Originally Posted by Barak
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
You guys are funny...in a sad sort of way...the ones being "gamed" are the ones who accept the liberal & current narrative that Islam is the religion of peace...

It's generally been my practice to avoid objecting to others' pet names for me--for example, "liberal" or "Islam lover"--for two reasons. First, it's not polite, and second, it never accomplishes anything.

But after reading stuff from you and FlyboyFlem for awhile, it occurs to me that these may not actually be pet names that you use simply because it gives you pleasure to do so, but that you may actually think I am liberal or a lover of Islam.

If that's so, it might help you to read some of my past posts on other threads. I'm no more a liberal than I am a conservative. And while I've tried hard not to be overtaken by the Islamophobia that drives much of the discussion on the Campfire, I don't have any illusions about the danger posed by ignorant, illiterate, provincial Muslims whooped up into a murderous fervor by fundamentalist imams. Even my Muslim coworkers are concerned about such.

On the other hand, if you just like calling me names, then far be it from me to interfere with your fun; feel free to continue as you like.

Barak,

You're the essence of patriotic American as defined by Thomas Paine:

�It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from his government.�

�If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.�
***US President James Madison***