Although I have nothing against a mini auto, I personally prefer a revolver for a pocket gun for the following reasons:

1. I have never had a revolver malfunction when coated with all of the lint and crud that seems to accumulate on the gun in a pocket holster.

2. I prefer the revolver grip shape for quick access to the handgun in the pocket.

3. I prefer the DA trigger as a safety feature when a handgun is carried in a pocket.

4. I like the idea that the revolver can be fired repeatedly from a pocket if necessary with less chance of malfunctioning.

My opinion is colored somewhat by the fact that a friend of mine shot himself accidentally with a Glock carried in his right front pocket. None of the hundreds of officers I worked with who carried pocket revolvers ever did that. Yes, he mishandled the weapon...but its design is much less forgiving of mistakes than a revolver is.

I always have my 638 in my pocket, and about 3/4 of the time also have a Glock 19 in an IWB holster on the opposite side. I'm not quite sure which is the primary and which is the secondary.

Last edited by wildhobbybobby; 08/30/14.

Life is like a purple antelope on a field of tuna fish...