I have my idea of a mini auto: Glock 35 with 5.31 inch barrel. For a mini revolver: a 3 inch Model 66 .357 S&W Mag. I guess Mini Autos and Revolvers come under the functional rabbit's foot category to me. My serious choice of small revolver would be a S&W J frame 38 Special with +P ammo. I carried an AMT .380 Auto in an ankle holster as back up to a 4 inch S&W 29 44 Mag or Colt 1911 45 Colt belt gun in the early 80s but moved on to 5 shot J frames. The Glock 20 10mm Auto and Glock 21 .45 ACP are good guns but the oversized grips are just too big for a secure grip, even in the SF models. I have them and shoot them but don't love them. The Glock Model 35 and all similar size polymer framed guns at least allow a firm grip and a place for all fingers. It is amazing how much the little finger improves the grip during rapid fire. The new polymid textured surface is almost as good as 30 lines per inch checkering on the front strap of a Kimber CDP. In the old days we paid big bucks for custom checkering and a beavertail grip safety, now its standard on good carry guns.