Originally Posted by Waders
Originally Posted by Waders

And the main issue is: Why or why not carry a mini auto? And if you oppose mini autos, at what point is an auto so small that it's "useless" and should be replaced by a wheel gun?

So everyone thus far thinks mini autos have a place in the world and shouldn't be replaced by a revolver?

Sorry I have taken so long to post on this thread, as I feel like I have been one of those who stirred the sheet, so to speak.

My feeling in reference to pocket guns is that revolvers do a better job of giving me more than one shot from the pocket.

Semi automatics will fire from the pocket on the first go round, but I feel like they stand a good chance of a malfunction before the second round can be fired.

My rule of thumb is that anyone or anything worth shooting once is worth shooting twice.

With that in mind, I give the revolver the nod for a pocket gun.

Mine is a Smith model 38, airweight bodyguard. I practice with non plus P loads and carry plus P for social issues. I shoot it well enough out to 25 yards and count it the baseline for myself.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis