You need to spend some time re-thinking that statement and get ready for a ride. Having children is second most fun thing in life. Having grand-children is the best.

I have a daughter that came first and is a true blessing. She doesn't like hunting and as far as I know has never shown an interest in anything that shoots. She doesn't care enough for fishing to go on her own, but if you take her she will out fish you. Her husband is an outdoor person and can name anything in the woods that you care to point to. Their son is 2.5 and knows the difference in a pig and a javelina and we live in Georgia.
My son can out shoot me with a bow and a rifle and probably a shotgun. I can out shoot him with a pistol but that may not last long. He enjoys the outdoors and has already had his son on a shooting mat. His son is one month old.
I never tried to make either an outdoor person or interest them in any activity other than what they showed an interested in. Each was raised as an individual, which is important to me as it probably is to anyone that is a twin. Each was given the opportunity to develop their own interest and direction. Each was interested in sports and school and each excelled. I could not be happier with my children. Set the proper example and just watch them grow.
My prediction is that, if you are half a man, you will live to regeret that comment. I hope you do.