Teach her just like you would a boy. They can do everything a boy can do - don't kid yourself. My two are now 11 and 9, help me reload, cast bullets, target shoot, hunt with me, help me gut deer, butcher everything we shoot, catch fish, load the boat, play in fish guts, fillet fish, catch frogs, play in the mud,bake bread, make breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They earned their black belts in Tae Kwon Do in June. They also are highly skilled pianists and singers (mom and I are both trained musicians with music education degrees), love to play with our dogs, love to play with dolls, make art projects, braid each other's hair, paint fingernails and toenails and do everything that normal girls do. But they also do everything the boys do - and usually do it better. They are at the top of their class in every imaginable way. Don't be disappointed - be excited about learning new stuff with her and be her DADDY!!! One of my favorite quotes is this. "Any human being with the right combination of chromosomes can be a father. It takes a man to be called 'daddy'". Never, ever, ever, ever resent that she is not a boy - you'll regret it for the rest of your life - but you won't know your regret until it's too late.

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile