Originally Posted by gitem_12
I have no idea how to teach a girl things like trapping, or being a Linebacker.

Just like you would a son. Trust me, when they would rather hang out with you than with Mom, when they come quietly to you and ask for help with dealing with some of life's hardest problems (for a pre-teen or teenager), when they call you from college and BEG you to take them big game hunting, when they want their "Daddy" just before walking down the aisle, when they just want to talk with their "Dad", and when they make GOOD decisions about their mate because YOU taught them how a man/boyfriend/husband/father should act, you realize that your life wouldn't come close to being the same with a son.

I have one daughter and two sons. I wouldn't trade the world for any of them, but there is something special about a father-daughter bond that cannot be replicated.

My daughter is a much better pistol shot than either of my sons, having wore out my Ruger MKII before she was 16, she isn't much of an angler, but she is into camping, hunting, archery, and she cleans and cooks what she eats.

This initial disappointment will pass, my daughter is the oldest, and I can remember wanting to take the oldest son places and teach him things and then I realized I could work the kinks out of this "Daddy" thing with her. I have never regretted having a daughter and I'm betting you won't either.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell