Originally Posted by scenarshooter
Originally Posted by Hi_Vel
Originally Posted by scenarshooter
[Linked Image]

Almost spepped on this badboy...2" Model 34 Smith came out of the holster asap....one of the reasons it's always on my belt.

Anyone ever use shot loads in their pistols? Thinking about trying some out. Seeing a schitload of rattlers up here this fall..

you put the pill right where it needed to be.

shot placement just like that is always the key.

stick with the loads you are using, as the shot is worthless, and you oftentimes need that .22 "right now" for other applications--such as when that one yote wanted to rip you, and the "snake shot" in the cylinder is a significant liability in those situations...

Right, it was a good shot, but I failed to mention how many cylinders it took to hit his head....grin(and I may never say).

I still wish I would have snagged that Smith Model 60 you used to have...

Pat,

missing the target just doesn't sound like you--but i've always appreciated your honesty--that someone at your level can freely admit to an occasional miss...

that old model 60 traveled a lot of miles--it was a good friend (about 20 years ago, i replaced it with an sp 101 with flush fit hammer for a snag free draw).

and, i remember how it shocked you when i'd finish a yote off with it.

looked at the pics you sent to me--great job!

Savage has been asking me how you're doing. haven't seen Beyl for awhile now...we were sure lucky growing up knowing those two guys.

all learning is like a funnel:
however, contrary to popular thought, one begins with the the narrow end.
the more you progress, the more it expands into greater discovery--and the less of an audience you will have...