Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by Savage_99
Aussie gun writer,

Your mention of Australia is amusing. Most of us had forgotten it existed and heard that guns are banned there now.

Okay, that made me laugh. Thanks. grin

Originally Posted by AussieGunWriter
With all the comments on another thread, (mine included) I realized that I was not influenced by them, as my opinions were determined and set before I discovered them. In fact I never heard of Jack O'Connor until after he was dead.

My aren't you the well read fellow. I do find it amusing that your "opinions were determined and set". Do you reckon your set opinions will now never change? Got it all figured. cool

Personally for me both were influential.

Keith was an influence with heavy Sixguns and O'Connor seemed to strike a sensible balance on rifle cartridges for big game.

As a funny side note I started using a .338 Win Mag for everything and my dad started buying me JOC hardbound books. Seems he was trying to swing the balance back to centerline. laugh

John,
My apologies for incorrect internet interpretation.(The dreaded iii Factor)
My opinions were set at the point of firstly discovering JO'C meaning were found to lean towards his view, secondly, you cannot be a "learned" or "well read" reader for something that is not available to read. We are after all, talking pre computer and internet stage.

And again, Because my experience with handloading and cartridges measure better by the wheel barrow load in consumables, it is an incorrect assumption to assume I am inflexible to learn after any point.

The internet teaches me both the value and detriments associated with what we assume, is communication.

John

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.