I have a Mossberg 4X4 in .270 that shoots really well, low recoil too due to the muzzle break that was on the barrel when I bought it new. It is also very accurate and I hand load for it.

When I had my AR-15 I would shoot both of them at my local range and could tell the muzzle breaks on both of them were annoying the shooters to my side. I often find the AR-15's of other shooters unpleasant to be near as well.

Last time I was at the 100 yard range there was a fellow shooting an AR platform in .308 to my left and it was horrible in the side blast from that thing. Now I am wondering if my .270 Win. is that bad as it is also a modified 30-06 family of cartridges? I know that there are many types and patterns of muzzle breaks for rifles out there, does anyone know if the .270 is as bad as the .308 in side blast, or is it all the variables of the muzzle break design itself? I could remove it and put on the muzzle cap that came with the gun but it is too nice with the muzzle break on it at this time.