Originally Posted by 603Country
No freckles yet. Maybe if I do some hunting in the rain the freckles will appear (or not).

To the OP, I still suggest the use of 0000 steel wool (or Scotchbrite pads) and paste wax. It's a simple and effective way to accomplish what you want to do. However, in light of the dangers that Sitka has mentioned, perhaps you shouldn't rub so hard that you cause the surface temperature of the stock to reach a temperature that will melt the finish and trap fibers of the steel wool. I suppose that could happen....maybe. So just rub lightly and keep the temp under about 150 degrees F and you should be Ok.

Or, you could just use the simple and straightforward approach suggested by Sitka. But wait...he didn't make a suggestion, did he. Just threw insults around like always.

First, go phuque yourself!

Second, you remain absolutely clueless, as always and prove it with every key stroke. Do you know the operating temperature of a phonograph needle? The sharp points in any abrasive system are far sharper and hotter than you can imagine. Though your guessing abilities remain awesome and 180 degrees out from reality.

Third, you remain clueless about something extremely easy to prove and want to brag about it. Congrats!

Fourth, your grasp of Physics is clearly underwhelming. Please prove it again in three key strokes or less. I know you have it in you!

Fifth, over the many years I have been here I have given a ton of direct advice on specific questions, including the concerns about steel wool, better alternatives, and other ways to address exatly the questions asked by the OP. The fact you are not bright enough to find those suggestions does not change the fact they are there and I gave them. And they have remained unchallenged for years. Many have tested them and admitted I was more than 100% correct. Because I am. But please, rally on! The comedy is priceless!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.