If you post demonstrably stupid stuff guaranteed to needlessly make someone elses life more difficult and then want to argue very simple, very basic facts then I am persistent.

If you insist on throwing in with someone as obviously slow as 603, you deserve every bit of crap you catch.

And for the record I have listed more than a bunch of different ways to handle different situations. 603 took umbrage with my suggestion of Formby's Furniture Restorer on a simple, quick refinish. He also posted on a thread where I described spar varnish and oil in variable cuts with increasing oil.

And another with epoxy, and yet another with CA. All tested finishes that I have not only used but tested on sample boards for quality before using and certainly before suggesting someone else do it "My Way" or else.

You will notice my problem with him started when he started making suggestion on things I have personally done and tested and found wanting. Not by way of opinion or taste, but by way of actual failure. He continues to suggest a finish known for watermarking is a good stock finish.

How much good does that do anyone?

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.