Originally Posted by pahick
Dude, thats a schitty way to do business. I sold $120 worth of bullets and either due to USPS schitty handling, or my judgement of their shipping containers, plus a a thief in the system somewhere, the buyer was out the money. I bitched....at the USPS, but it wasnt the sellers fault. I didnt flinch....sent $120 back pronto to the buyer. It was the RIGHT thing to do.

When I ship something out, its on me until it gets in the hands of the buyer. If it gets phuggged up in shipping, though its not my fault, its on ME, because I have the ability to get my money back through the shipper, not the buyer.

It sucks when a sale doesnt go well, but unless the buyer intentionally screwed with the product, its on YOU the seller. Damn...$60 and you piss everyone off? Was it worth it? Because of financial timing issues, I didnt eat for a day just to make sure the buyer got his $120 back. I dont know your situation, but I believe you coulda pulled $60 outta your ass just to save face. He bought it from you, not paypal.

I had the exact thing happen with $200 worth of bullets I sent that were stolen or lost. I didn't insure it, so I sent the buyer his money back on his word that they didn't arrive. Sucked for everyone, unless he lied.

LOL