Originally Posted by Greyghost
Any body that read that original post and figured that it was a brand new, just purchased, and new model compass for sale, and at 1/3 the current cost.... well!

It clearly stated that the compass was purchased for a boat and "NEVER USED", right there questions should have been asked before purchasing!

That being said, a bubble can and will develop over time just from storage and is simple to take care of.

As to rub marks in the glass dome, take a high definition close up photo, so close that it doesn't even show the body of the compass, wouldn't matter if it was brand spanking new, glass will show imperfections...

Going to the Ritchie web site, I couldn't find any mention of the model after 2005, but the current model re-designated the HB741, which looks to be the same compass sells for $180 bucks.

Were it me and I still had my boat, I'd have kept the damn compass for $60 shipped! But since the purchaser apparently wasn't happy with it, deal could have, and should have been handled better by both parties, as is usual with these post!

Phil

Come on man, its an internet forum... Youre not allowed to be logical!