Midway has had CCI SV off and on, for under $30 a brick, but it tends to go out the door quickly. I ordered one a couple weeks ago along with some other stuff I needed, to (again) spread the shipping costs around. Otherwise the brick would have cost around $40.

I still check local stores and have picked up some ammo here and there, but only when it's a reasonable price and I actually need it. Even found some .22 Magnum 40-grain Winchester hollow-points at Wal-Mart a couple months ago, at under $11 a box.

Bought a pile of .17 Mach 2 and .17 HMR locally last spring, all at around $6 a box for M2 and $12 for HMR, but both primarily sell in the West for spring and early summer varmint shooting, so they're typically produced seasonally. Otherwise the same machines are running either .22 LR or .22 magnum. There hasn't been much of either around since, so if anybody wants some .17's for tree squirrels in the fall they should pick it up early.

But mostly I buy off the Internet, because that's where most rimfire ammo is sold these days. You have to keep checking to find reasonable deals, but checking the net is a lot cheaper than driving around to every store within 100 miles. I only check local stores when nearby for some other reason, and refuse to pay panic prices, and my wife and I haven't had to cut back on shooting any of our 16 rimfires.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck