If demand is so high that people pay scalper prices, that is the real market price. The retailer who has a lower price is trying to preserve good will, and also has to impose quantity restrictions for the same reason in order to spread it around. In your example, I may be willing to pay more per box to get all 20 boxes in one shot than to get 5 and take the chance that I can run around and get 3 more sets of 5, or 15 times one, or 7-1/2 times 2, or some other combination to get to 20, IF I really need 20 as opposed to merely taking advantage of a perceived bargain (or gold mine). Time and gasoline are money to me. It is not my job to adjust my buying decisions so other people can get what they want at the price they want. With that said, I do not buy all that I can buy. I have passed on a lot of store ammo in the last few weeks. But, I do buy what I perceive that I need based upon my �burn rate.� As I said in an earlier post, my burn rate has gone up substantially, so I am competing in the marketplace where I was not before.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln