Originally Posted by Cheyenne
I should have addressed the original question in my first post. From a regulatory standpoint, prohibiting something takes less regulation than allowing it. Allowing something with medical and societal consequences will take a LOT more governmental regulations than prohibiting it, and you still need a mechanism and expenditure of effort for dealing with the people who violate the new regulations. So, legalization will not lift the need for enforcement, and you can expect regulations to increase as well.

That's what I've been thinking too.

Originally Posted by Spanokopitas
Originally Posted by stevelyn
So so-called War on (some) Drugs has been the subterfuge to take the rest of your rights. Never mind that the prohibition of marijuana has been built on a foundation of lies.

Marijuana prohibition and it's enforcement has been more harmful to our society than legalization ever could have been. There are only two groups benefiting from this: 1) The govt as it grabs more power and stomps on your rights, and 2) the Cartels who get incredibly rich and engage in savage violence to protect their interests. The rest of us are caught in the middle.

Correct you are.

A strong current of Puritanism runs through this forum. A lot of people here are against anything or anyone that favors anything fun except guns.

If they held sway we would still have prohibition, women would not be voting (not such a bad idea) and "witches" would be burning.

I am of the firm opinion that pot, like gay marriage, will soon be legal at the Fed and (all) state level.

Tell me I am wrong.

That's a rather gigantic leap rocket shot of logic! wink (FWIW, "no" isn't automatically a dirty word.)

Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
I don't see making it easier or socially acceptable benefiting society one iota, quite the contrary.

Being illegal doesn't stop people from using it, any more than prohibition stopped people from using alcohol.
Many billions of taxpayers dollars are spent every year on arresting people for using marijuana, throwing them in jail, trying them, convicting them, and them putting them in prison...all paid for by the U.S. taxpayer.
What a waste of money and resources...

I seriously doubt it will ever be unregulated, hence there will always be laws, regulations, LEO involvement�

People use meth too though it is illegal to manufacture. Would it help if that was legalized too? (Perhaps we could at least have our good Suda-fed once again the. smirk )

Last edited by Klikitarik; 10/30/14.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.