Originally Posted by antlers
So, is it your position, Steve, that if taxpayers are spending over 40 billion dollars per year on the war on marijuana...that expenditure is getting 'evened out' due to the finrs that the offenders are paying...?

Using Colorado as an example...Marijuana-related arrests � which make up 50% of all drug-related crimes � have plummeted in Colorado, freeing up law enforcement to focus on other criminal activity. By removing marijuana penalties, the state saved up to $40 million in 2012 alone, according to the Colorado Center on Law and Policy.

And they project to bring in over $100 million in tax revenue for 2014, with sales totaling $1 billion in 2014...and that's just for Colorado.

Does anybody here still think the war on marijuana, just like the war on all drugs, is profitable...? It's easy to find information on the miserably failed war on drugs...as well as it's staggering cost to taxpayers.
And for a highly addictive intoxicant (alcohol) to be OK, despite the physical and financial damage it does to our country...while outlawing marijuana...that just makes no sense. And a lot of people who are opposed to marijuana legalization are likely alcohol drinkers.

"I want to be able to legally use 'my' substance of abuse...but I don't want others to be legally able to use 'their' substance of abuse."

lol

Colorado Center on Law and Policy
"A nonprofit, nonpartisan research and advocacy organization seeking justice and economic security for all Coloradans."
This is a left wing community organizer hotbed. Not a good source for the truth.

Run by Claire Levy, a former Democrat representative and Boulderite. nuff said

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~