This year, I replaced my 2-man tarp tent with a SO 6-man tipi and large stove. It worked REALLY well on this year's CO 2nd rifle season elk hunt�.Thanks Kevin for your help with the purchase! This combo helped me and a hunting buddy to cook, sleep and stay warm for the better part of a week in the backcountry. Best purchase I've made in a long time.

With regard to water purification, I'm keeping my MSR Mini-works water filter. I can't see fixing something this isn't broke.

My sleep system also continues to work well. It consists of a Therm-a-Rest LuxuryLite cot and a Mountain Hardware 0 degree Phantom bag. As a whole, my kit is probably too heavy for backpack hunting but, 3 of the past 4 years, we have used horses. Just too old for a pure backpack hunt. I'm in good shape and I tried it 2 years ago and it kicked my butt.

With regard to clothing, this year, I've come full circle and have gone back to using wool pants and a military style wool sweater with a Gore-Tex Pro shell jacket. I think I'm done with the synthetic stuff, except for the jacket. I'm staying with my Kenetrek boots as well.

Start young, hunt hard, and enjoy God's bounty.