Where do you keep your rain gear while you sleep? How do you keep water from condensing inside it overnight?

35 degrees and rainy is pretty much a total loss. Anywhere tha it's hunting season in this country and rainy and 35 during hours of visibility stands a very good chance of being very cold and icy overnight... I would count on being wet and cold all day. If I had already spent a night I would not pack my sleeping bag and would elevate it on something in the tent or hang the bivysack over a rock or limb to avoid any potential of building standing water that could present an issue. If it were the firs night the bag would stay in a "warerppoof" stuff sack until I was ready to get in. I would keep a baselayer dry in a zipper type bag and use them only for sleeping in. Depending how soaked things are would define just how many and what wet layers get worn over the sleeping base layer to dry. 35 and raining will have me wearing whatever raintop I have while moving around- or sitting stationary. Much warmer than 35 and ill sweat enough while moving that it becomes a tossup. Not saying I sweat enough to simulate no wearing raingear but that partially evaporated pint or so of sweat bouncing back and forth between the moisture wicking baselayer and the waterproof breathable membrane sure starts to feel the same as being soaked after a while.

You saw where I mentioned safety vs comfort. You aren't going to throw up a fringe set of the exteme low end of "wet" weather- and get me to argue against raingear. There are times when doing what you can to limit exposure to the wet is a survival issue. There are times when it isn't.

Haha. I was going to type:
By virtue of the fact that I can even post this you have to assume I can effectively tell the difference and outfit myself accordingly.

But then I realized I'm on the Internet. And that's the last thing anyone would assume.

All I know about rain is it'll stop and thingsll dry out or it won't and they won't. I learned this outside