Originally Posted by Tanner
Good stuff. I need to look into a stove and tipi setup more seriously, sounds like....

Tanner

Once you try it you may never go back. Very little weight penalty for tremendous benefit. Drying gear, warming up at bedtime, and generally just feeling very comfortable when it's miserable outside.

After my experience two seasons ago I decided this is the way to go. Got caught in a very heavy wet snowstorm on the hike in. Well after dark I realized we would not make it all the way to our main campsite. We were pretty cold and wet after working through willows and just the very heavy snow. Quickly cleared a spot, I set up the tent, another got some small branches and within about 15 minutes the tent was set up and we quickly fired up the stove. Within minutes we were warm and the gloves were hung over the stove to start drying. Burned it for about an hour and went to bed warm and comfortable and got a great nights sleep. Priceless.

Edit: as for improvement, I want the tipi with two doors. Much easier to get in and out of vice squeezing around the stove.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by prm; 11/30/14.