See link for all proposed hunting rules and regulations changes.

http://www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/2362.htm

From the proposed changes:

Allows additional rifles to be used by reducing the bullet size required to .243 and eliminating the maximum rifle cartridge case length. This will allow high-powered rifles such as the .30-30 and .45-70 during the deer firearms seasons. Full metal jacketed bullets would be unlawful because since they do not expand when fired, and therefore, do not kill as humanely.

The acutual proposed regulation makes the minimum legal cartridge a bullet of 0.243 and is longer than 1.16 inches. No specific wording for lever actions, rims etc. FMJ are also specifically banned.

I know we are just into the 2014 season and the rule change is just a proposal but what rifle(s) will you use in 2015?

I will probably use my 35 Indiana (1.8 inch 35 Remington with a longer leade) but have thought about having it re-chambered to 358 Winchester. I am going to pull out the 7x57 and will likely pick up a 30-30 or 35 Remington lever action. Where I hunt, this is all I really need. Should be fun if the proposal goes through.

Scott