Pointer, I don't see any disagreement between us.

I was responding more to RED35's comment regarding the DNR having no say.

Honestly, no dig on you or any other gentle Hoosier for that matter, but this is really not my fight. It's funny, I got another comment on my weblog overnight-- somebody thinks that he likes 44 MAG, so therefore everyone else should give up on high power rifle. That man should put on a dress, and go find himself a 1-room school where he can invoke his will on the young.

I will say this: my last deer hunting trip to IN was 1992. My last Ohio deer hunt was 2001. The IN line is less than 30 minutes from my house in Ohio. 100% of my hunting has been in KY, because it has been the best value for me. I really don't mind KY jacking the non-resident fees up. It's still a better value. That is just my opinion, and any Hoosier or Buckeye can read this and say good riddance.

However, I can take an unlimited number of deer from Sept to January in KY's Zone 1 . I have a good long rifle season in the Middle of November and two Muzzleloader seasons. If I went back to hunting the north side of the Ohio, I'd probably start with Ohio, but only because they will let you bow hunt without serious interruption during the rut. Even though Indiana is just a short drive, I'll probably not be back without serious changes. Allowing me to bring a 30-06 is one of those changes.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer