I didn't watch the clip posted by Ghostinthemachine or any of the other Youtube videos on the subject, but I suggest that you do a little Google fu on USS Liberty and see what happened.

There was never any recourse or full disclosure of reasons for our lack of response to that attack, much like the Benghazi incident.

That incident happened the year before the USS Pueblo fiasco, if you are old enough to remember it. Never seemed to get as much attention as the Pueblo got, though. I was in the Navy at the time, doing the same type of work that those crews were doing and, but for the luck-of-the-draw, I could have been on either ship.

Those two incidents made me so furious that I told the Navy to stick a 10 grand re-enlistment bonus where the light didn't shine, and got out.

Myron

P.S.
It still makes my blood boil every time those are mentioned, that the guys out in front doing the country's bidding, get no support or respect when the chips are down.

Last edited by speedsixman; 11/21/14.

How many peckers can a Pecker Checker check if a Pecker Checker could check peckers?
(stolen from shootinurse)