Originally Posted by KFWA
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by KFWA
If that is what we're talking about

but I'm focusing on the "A BB gun is a weapon" statement which would read as a justification for being shot for waving it around.
In an absolute sense it is justification for shooting somebody. You can't figure this out? In the first place, if somebody fears for their life and the fear is understandable, that is Justifiable Homicide in most locations across the land. In the second place, as illustrated, a BB gun is a weapon. So in an absolute sense, the Officer would be justified even if he knew the kid had a BB gun as opposed to a "real" gun. For at least the third time here, I don't think that is the case and I highly doubt the Officer would shoot a kid if he'd known the gun was a BB gun. What don't you understand about the law?

I'm sorry, but if a cop feels he is justified in shooting a 12 year old kid for shooting a bb gun at him - knowing it was a bb gun - then turn in your badge, change the law and lets collectively hold our head in shame as a society.

An airsoft gun or a bb gun or a Colt 1911 tucked into the waist band of a kid - OK I get that - you can't tell if its a real gun (real gun being - its shoots a damn bullet with gunpowder, not air) .I'm not happy about it because dammit, you give a 12 year old the benefit of the doubt, but I get it

but to tell me that the law backs a cop shooting a kid *knowing* it was a bb gun because its defined as a weapon?

screw that - that is taking the "I'm gonna get home tonight safe" bullshit too far.

Without having the gun in hand, how am I supposed to KNOW it's a bb gun?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell