Originally Posted by RockyRaab
KFWA, nowhere in the story - NOWHERE - is the assumption that the officer "knew" he was facing a 12-yo with a BB gun. You're making that assumption long after the event.

In real time, the cops get a call about a person waving a gun at people. They show up, and find a person who raises his shirt to expose a gun butt. At that instant in time, that is ALL the officer knows.

I'm not making that assumption - I'm arguing the point that Ethan said there should be a distinction between a bb gun and an air soft rifle.

I do take exception to it not being reported to the police that it was probably a juvenile and the gun was a "fake" (where the whole distinction argument began).

If the officer is approaching this with the idea they believe its a kid with a toy, then I hope to god there is enough humanity left with those carrying a badge they would have approached the situation with more reserve.

Something tells me there will be some that argue they wouldn't have and would have shot the kid just as quickly either way.

Last edited by KFWA; 11/24/14.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings