Originally Posted by KFWA
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by KFWA
because the topic was brought up (and supported) that if a kid points a bb gun at you and you know its a bb gun, you can blow his head off to protect your eye.
No, you can die from a BB, something that has been pointed out to you, but that you continue to ignore. Also, I asked you if you'd have shot the kid to protect your own son's eye. You dodged the answer.

Emotion, it clouds facts and objective thinking every time.

ok, as absurd as your scenario is, if it were my son I'd probably shot the kid

but here is where you're scenario breaks down - this kid , as far as what I've read here shows, had not shot anyone, was not pointing it at the eye of another kid or even at the eye of a cop

to go even further, this is between a cop, sworn to protect the public, and a kid on a playground acting a fool - no one's child (other than the parents of the 12 year old ) is in danger.

I'm not sure how or why you think you are making a point about protecting the eye of your kid in this scenario.
~sigh~ I made the point way back that I personally didn't think this was about the cop shooting a kid he knew was armed with a BB gun, but you insisted on going in that direction. The point is that shooting somebody for pointing a BB gun at somebody is justifiable under the law in most areas. In this day and age, where the current Resident of the Whitehouse and his underlings throw the law to the wind and do what they want, who knows? [bleep] flows downhill. From the info we had and were posting on, it looks like a good shoot that just about anybody here, cop or no, would have engaged in. Bottom-lined for you.