Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

I dont see anyone running out today saying,"Gee i want a extruded barrel instead of a good 416, 4140 or 416R barrel"....I wonder why?
[/quote]

[quote]I see reading comprehension is not your strongest quality. Please quote me where is said new CVAs use extruded.

You cant can you. Didnt think so.

Did you read the above quote? You were trying to slam CVA correct? Cut it with the insults not needed, if you can't discuss something intelligently don't discuss it.

Let me ask you again

Where did i say NEW CVAs used extruded steel barrels?

Try reading my posts again. I even stated NEW ones ARE NOT.

The old barrels were extruded steel and better off used as a tomato stake. Some old Douglas ML barrels were junk too.

Sure i slammed CVA for selling junk for YEARS and making cheap copies. The Kodiak was a cheap copy of the T/C Omega. CVA made millions selling junk for years and ripping off other peoples idea and patents.

Now they make a far better product with the profits they made from the years before. Its too bad they sent out thousands of Accura MRs with a finish that pealed and chipped in the box before finally going to nitride.

My point is, CVA is relatively new to the high quality end of the spectrum when compared to Knight or Green Mountain barrels. Buying some equipment from Shilen and getting his endorsement will not make them a tier 1 company in just a few years.

They have a long way to go and to catch up in terms of quality control. The new Knight has some issues too and some of their older models that where made to compete with imports were plain junk. Those models are long gone. Most of the tried and true models that made Knight famous are still going strong.

Ive got Knights that are over 12 years old and shoot as good or better than new. I dont think anyone really wants a old CVA from a similar time that has an extruded barrel vs their NEW rifles...Maybe that is whey they quit making them...huh

I called CVA once about powder recommendations. They allow 3 pellets but not 3FG. The tech could not tell me why. He did tell me using ANY 3FG would void the warranty. Well anyone with half a brain can figure out 3 T7 pellets makes more pressure than 100gr of 3FG T7.

My talks with a tech at Knight named Sam were far less evasive. He knew his products well. They have no such powder restriction and neither does Hodgdon. Ive found techs at Green Mountain to also be very helpful. I cant even get Bergara to answer a simple email regarding a European model question. Those Euro Apex laminate stocks look nice but they are not offered here.