Faster death...
How do you know?
The last few years I have been shooting deer at very close ranges.
I always thought they were instantly dead. Well by the time I used to grab my gear and walk a hundred or two hundred yards it would be. Get to one neck shot at 30 yards and you find its a different show.
I've had about half a dozen in the last couple years still breathing, blinking and with a beating heart for 2-3 minutes after being dropped from CNS hits.
So...I think your forming an idea based on inconclusive data, preference seeking outcomes and a lack of information.
Things die and things stop.
The two ain't always the same.
I'm less concerned with TOD and more concerned with instant incapacitation.
For that trick only one thing is sure to do the trick. Breaking or disruption of the signals from the brain to the spinal column below C-4. The further away the bullet physically is from the vetebras the more nessasary fluid shock is. A small caliber FMJ strike ON a veterbra will work, that's same projectile through the lower neck will simply pass through. An AMAX, BT or cup\core varmint style bullet any place near the spine seems to be enough to displace massive amounts of tissue, sufficient to break the systems ability to transfer the RUN signal.
Furthermore, I've found, a deer moving likely will continue moving and one standing calmly still will likely drop to the shot.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024