Originally Posted by shrapnel

From another post on the Campfire...

Originally Posted by Stump Buster
I just finished W.D.M. Bell's "The Wanderings of an Elephant Hunter" and in the chapter on "Rifles", he writes...

�The thing that did the most for my rifle shooting was, I believe, the fact that I always carried my own rifle. Constant handling, constant aiming, constant Swedish drill with it, and then when it was required there it was ready and pointing true. Never once did I think I needed a rifle with fast twist�

I believe this is the acctual quote

Originally Posted by Stump Buster
I just finished W.D.M. Bell's "The Wanderings of an Elephant Hunter" and in the chapter on "Rifles", he writes...

�The thing that did the most for my rifle shooting was, I believe, the fact that I always carried my own rifle. Constant handling, constant aiming, constant Swedish drill with it, and then when it was required there it was ready and pointing true.�

Does anyone know what the "Swedish Drill" consists of? Is it the transition from a slung rifle into to shooting position or something entirely different. I don't recall Bell ever mentioning slings on his rifles, so I think he may be referring to something else.

Just curious if anyone is familiar with this term.

THANKS,

Stump

PS - The book is excellent! Took me a while to find it, but glad I was able to finally track it down.

[b][/b]

Doesn't mention twist.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first