I've BEEN retired for 20 years now, since age 53, and never had any desire to go back to work. Why? too many things to do, and seems even busier at times, than when working, but that was because we didn't even try to do some things when working. If your house (don't agree with the roof over your head a terrible choice).. it can be base camp and go from there. Expenses not going to go up like rent, etc if you own the place. Actually, someone who'd say something like that some kinda strange. As I used to tell folks, when working in the retirement pension field, make sure your house paid for and a relatively new car paid for. Then can live on the less you'll get. As far as taking SS at 62, it takes a minimum of 10 years to recovered in post 65 money, what you gave up in taking it at 62. MOST people not going to necessarily see 70, let along 85. SS was set up based on the assumption that MOST people would die with a year or two of 65. I'm doing okay, not getting rich, but if I want to can go on a nice hunting trip every year (been to Africa 3 time in the last 5 years).

Most of my trip money, etc. from money I skimped and put away and invested while working.