Originally Posted by BobinNH
Sako what happened to the original trigger (grin)? grin

Only kidding.

Anyway as far as Partitions not shooting is concerned we know they shoot in some rifles. I have never seen them NOT shoot in a good custom barrel.I have noticed they like to be seated straight meaning I've seen a problem load go from mediocre to very good if runout was kept low.

The other thing is I have seen them start to shoot as "top end" for the cartridge was approached,and often you can watch this happen on the target.

That said a combination I have liked the past few years in the 7 Rem Mag has been the 150 gr NPT and the 150 BT. Pushed to about 3150 both bullets have shown very good accuracy and in my rifles POI has been the same to 500 yards where the BT will hit very slightly higher (maybe the width of my hand).

Obviously the 160 AB would be another great choice.

Personally I'd use the Fed215 primers. Powders are 7828, H4831,and RL25. Have not tried the new RL powders designed to be less ten sensitive.

Bob's always straight to the point and spot on. I don't think I've ever had a rifle that didn't like partitions. Even the blemished/seconds that SPS sells, have performed flawlessly. The new owner of the 300 wsm I recently sold was tickled chitless when he loaded up some 180gr. blemished partitions (that I gave to him to try out) and he says the rifle shoots into .6" consistently. Back to the 7mm rem mag: I just bought a couple hundred old Hornady 175gr. sp interlocks to try out. I'm hoping my rifle likes those as it seems like they would also be a damn good bullet on critters...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA