Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Nice bull!

Yeah, I've seen performance like that with several of the heavier-jacketed BT's. One reason I suggested the 150 Partition, however, is that I've also seen BT's leave bigger exit holes than Partitions.

John, thanks and agreed on the NBT. I really like Partitions, but my first love with Nosler has always been the Ballisitc Tip. I used them for a decade before I ever shot a Partition, and they've only gotten better!

One shot did the bull in. He ran 50 yards and was stone dead when I got to him within a minute of shooting him.

This won't give those joy that like text-book mushrooms, but is perfectly good performance, and exactly what I expected:

[Linked Image]

Brad, some might consider the jacket core separation a failure, but it worked and you have elk in the freezer. I've seen the same thing with my favorite 250gr sierra gameking launched from my 338's. It puts elk down right now, the core exits and the jackets are found in the offside hide. If I were the OP, I'd let my rifle decide which hunting bullet it likes and practice shots out to (and past) expected/forseen distances. Also practice quick follow up shots. Heaven forbid, you need another shot. Just good practice to rack another one in and be ready. To me, "shot of a lifetime" means you better damn well be prepared to make that shot.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA