Great stuff BC30cal. Thanks for making the efforts to post pictures. Reminds me of once, not on a hunt, on the edge of a fault block mountain, having a California ram, then on the next break a mule deer buck and off in the background an antelope buck in the binocular view at once. Was much younger then too. In SE Oregon, I've seen sheep spook at what seemed a mile and other times mill around and watch me at 100 yards. I think when they're headed for water they're less likely to flee for the next mountain, or at least more willing to wait a bit and see what you're up to. I don't think the full-curl rams are nearly as cooperative as the little guys where hunted annually. And they'll be wayyy out away from the cliffs too. Mostly been around them in the spring and summer. Not always a long range gig is evidenced by ancient rock blinds, but those folks had less distractions from hunting, liberal seasons, and simpler choices, obsidian tipped arrow vs lance, atalatl or not, lol.

Maybe a LRAB would be a good all-around option, not a brick yet a bonafide hunting bullet?
Originally Posted by BC30cal

Again later in fall, they'll become silly enough that the local mulies will stop to watch them strut their stuff. wink
[Linked Image]

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?