Can you say Confused? Lol - after ALL that praise on NF,after much Leupy praise with JG, RC has to throw that in there wink

Seriously, all VERY good info, it reinforces my confidence in NF should I acquire the funds, but by there, yes a 4-16 on the same platform might just be the straw that breaks my wallet...

As to my mention of mixed reviews on NF glass, I simply googled said scope model in question, and read many reviews on various sites. Some were so disappointed overall they sold or returned the scope for refund, others happy or on the fence to be determined.

I can GET what Contrast is, former Swaro had great contrast, no issues with Rez either. I like both, but can understand perhaps it's a balancing act. In Bino's you want contrast as you are looking at colors, shadows, game, yet you need Rez too which you seem to get both in the alpha line of Leica and Swaro - to my eyes.

That brings up another point, individual eyesight, age of those eyes affect use of exit pupil as we know, and overall simply expectations.

If I pay 3 fold for a product - I darned sure expect to be very impressed, which is why I wanted to open this thread. It IS conceiveable that early production of ANY new product causes a mfg. to quickly assess any issues and correct. Could that have been the case in the launch of this new NF? Perhaps. If so was it due to glass specs....or assembly line issues, I have no clue. Again, not enough info to know.

All the above feedback to me gives a good sampling of info on both models. Thankfully, one always has a lifetime warranty on Leupold if/when things do go wrong. That is no justification for any shortcuts in quality, but is nice to know it is backing your invested dollars....