Originally Posted by Fotis
I just got this NF not too long ago. Very happy with it so far.

Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x42mm

illuminated MOAR Reticle - .250 MOA Adjustments - ZeroStop - Hi Speed - 30mm Tube - Side Focus - Digital Illumination - Matte Black
Made in the USA.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That would be the perfect hunting scope if they'd:

1) Get rid of the side focus (just not needed on a 10X hunting scope)

2) Put a decent hunting reticle in it like a German #4. The MOAR is cute for range work, I have one in a 8-32 NXS, but it's far too fine for a hunting rifle and overly complicated.

3) Get rid of the illumination, it's a gimmick in a hunting scope and not needed if you've got a good bold reticle like a German #4

4) Knock about 6 oz. off of it which actually is probably doable if you get rid of the side focus and illumination, at least they could probably get close.

I'm actually a big nightforce fan, all scopes should be built as reliably as they are. They're moving in the right direction in the hunting market but still need to figure out how to shave some weight without sacrificing reliability and get rid of some useless features while retaining the important stuff like zero stops, etc. They need to go talk to the Krauts about how to make a proper hunting reticle for low light instead of the illuminated christmas tree stuff.