nothing special about the engine. we just cleaned it up and painted it to make it look better under the hood. put a bunch of new gaskets and a few other do-dads on it. It's a 352 FE 4 barrel, compression test looked decent, it ran good before we pulled it, it was just ugly and was starting to leak a little.

So we pulled it, cleaned it up, painted it black as a 64 engine would have been. our blue for the tins is too dark, I realize this but we're going with it. (gives us something to tinker with later)

Changed the pilot bushing on back side of the crank yesterday, waiting for the correct clutch kit to arrive. They sent me a diaphragm style pressure plate and I want a lever style for this one. Should be here today.

we plan to install the clutch, pressure plate, then bell housing, starter, then drop it in the car before bringing the trans to the bell housing.

I'm redoing some of that red stuff today whistle blush

didn't go the way I wanted it to. I followed the instructions on the can which said no reduction required. I printed the TDS for the products yesterday and they read quite different than the directions on the cans.

So, now we know that....

Something clever here.