As with the front, I start with the center and carefully pull the headliner material snug and press it into contact with the attaching strip as I work my way out to both back corners. I place a few staples as I go.

[Linked Image]

I did also bring the front edge around and up into the windshield gasket area, since the windshield is out. This brings up the old "does the glass have to be out to replace the headliner in my 64 galaxie?" Question, answer is no. You don't have to have the front and rear glass out. But if you do have the glass out and a headliner is on your list, do the headliner before you put the glass back in.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Now I'm moving on to the sides.

With one side dry clamped and untrimmed:

[Linked Image]

I go to the other side and pull somewhat tight as I trim leaving a 1/2" to 3/4" material past the outside of the metal edge. This gets into what I mentioned earlier with my 1st gen mustang reference. I'm going to glue to the outside edge here, it works for other cars, I believe it will work well for this one too. The roof rail stainless and trim will conceal this after final assembly.

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.