I have done many hunts with GOABC members. I will do many more I'm sure. As far as how I feel about it being done in my own state, it is. I never could draw a good area to hunt brown bear on Kodiak, but a nonresident could if they paid their money. Good for them, bad for me. That's how it's been for quite a while now. I pay my money and hunt BC. I have many good friends that are GOABC members. I'm there to hunt, not get involved with allocation. In fact, that's the last thing I should be involved with as it should be decided locally without my input.

As a nonresident hunter, my concern is about the one animal I'm there to hunt. If the moose allocation is 1000 or 10, it doesn't matter to me as long as I get one of them. I don't have anything to do with those making decisions. To think I would skip hunting in BC because of how BC is allocating tags is a bit of a stretch. If I don't go, it's not as if that tag won't be used or go back to a resident. Someone else will pay the money and use it.

It's not that I'm not sympathetic to the locals, but this decision is being made in BC by BC residents. The GOABC members I hunt with are all BC residents as well. I'll hunt what I'm allowed to hunt. I won't have hurt feelings when my tags are reduced and won't be any extra happy when they are increased. I'm there to hunt while I can. When I can't, I'll be hunting somewhere else.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.