It's not that I'm not sympathetic to the locals, but this decision is being made in BC by BC residents. The GOABC members I hunt with are all BC residents as well. I'll hunt what I'm allowed to hunt. I won't have hurt feelings when my tags are reduced and won't be any extra happy when they are increased. I'm there to hunt while I can. When I can't, I'll be hunting somewhere else.

Kodiakisland
The BC residents who are making this decision are making a unilateral decision without consulting anyone else other than the handful of government minions, also in my view the the GOABC you speak of in many cases are foreigners too and were not born here.

sjr
Please re read GreyDog Post ,do you not think that he has not hit the nail on the head < other than the out of control Frist Nation hunting>

I think that this decision suiting the GOABC is the very reason 1st nation hunters have a constitutional right to hunt, (priority allocation) whether it is abused or not is erelavent. They have been hunting here for thousands of years without issue, and with several thousand native hunters in BC as compared to the upwards of 100,000 resident hunters in BC its like the pot calling the kettle black.
The issue here is "controlable" game management, which is so bad I dont know where I would start..... foreigners having an unbalanced proportion of tags for monetary gain, while the resident hunters are left to have the crumbs.
There is no way the government should be in control of game management, it should be in the hands of competant biologists who are not paid directly through government and are independant of government.

Last edited by 673; 01/15/15.