It is simply an effort by some BCers to seek support among US trophy collectors, as some hunters here tend to see all North American hunters as members of some rather nebulous fraternity.....

I am not quite so sanguine about how many Americans, tend to view Canada and our enormous resource wealth, so, I am not very optimistic about gaining large scale support from US people wishing to hunt here.

In more direct response to your comments, we ARE involved in changing the policies in respect of foreign investment in our hunting/angling businesses, but, it takes time.....the day WILL come when zero foreign involvement will be standard legal practice here.

However, there is a LARGE, well-financed and highly vocal anti-hunting segment of our resident population and MANY of these ARE American expatriots as well as German and British immigrants....we MUST proceed carefully in order NOT to have our efforts to protect OUR hunting become useful to them in their agenda.

Your hunt money MAY well go to a foreign operator as they are more numerous in BC than many seem to realize.....but, I suspect that all foreign hunting here is doomed and so do a number of BC guides, etc., whom I know.

So, all in all, the request to Americans to refrain from booking hunts here was/is a reasonable and potentially very helpful one.