Originally Posted by sjr
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter
Originally Posted by sjr
Originally Posted by greydog
The guide/outfitter allocations are a minor portion of the problems facing BC hunters. Over use of ATV's with the attendant degradation of habitat, increased road building for timber harvesting, over-harvesting of breeding animals, game management for and by groups who are primarily interested in reduction of game animals (Cattleman's association, Insurance corp. etc.), are all factors which are hurting hunting in B.C. and elsewhere. Our elk herds have been hurt more by poor management than by guide/outfitter allocations.
The northern portions of BC are facing the same problems of habitat destruction and too much access that have plagued the south. Pipeline companies and BC Hydro are not too concerned about game populations and their activities do nothing for the game. GD

Well said , nice to see your not drinking in all that Kool-Aid that BCWF is trying to sell.
There's still a mind set in BCWF that if there was no Guide Outfitters in BC there would be 60" moose , 200" mule deer and 40" sheep every were .
Yes I am a BCWF member but I don't agree with the direction there pushing this issue .

Your obviously confused it's the GOABC that claims putting all of our game under LEH will enhance trophy opportunity, and they ARE lobbying to have that done also.

I find it hard to believe that your not some shill of theirs anyway with such an idiotic position.

CS
Please re read GreyDog Post ,do you not think that he has not hit the nail on the head < other than the out of control Frist Nation hunting>

Just because I don't agree with your idiotic position does not automatic mean that I am a guide outfitter .

I had no issue with GreyDogs post, it's the post from someone who claims to be a resident hunter that has no issue with the GOABC reaping 40% of the grizzly bear allocation, and 25% of moose allocations. Your either a guide, an outfitter, or a resident with deep pockets that can just buy your hunts each year.